Apply to Mid-State Today!
Congratulations on taking the next step to attaining your educational goals and being in demand! Not sure if Mid-State is for you? Take a closer look at our Getting Started page.
Whether you are new to Mid-State or returning after a previous degree or break, there are two ways to enroll:
If you are planning to enter an associate degree, technical diploma, or certificate program, OR if you are undecided, select Apply to Mid-State.
If you just want to enroll in a class, select Take a Class. This is the best option if you are interested in a single undergraduate, continuing education, or extended education class. You'll also want to refer to the class schedule.
Note: Current students who are adding a program should not submit another application. Please make an appointment to complete a Program Add/Change Form with an academic advisor by calling 888.575.MSTC.
Questions? Ask a New Student Specialist!
If you have any questions about the application and enrollment process, please get in touch with a new student specialist at any of our campuses:
- Laurie Inda – Wisconsin Rapids Campus: 715.422.5430
- Lana Mallek – Stevens Point Campus: 715.342.1276
- Lea Ellis – Marshfield Campus: 715.389.7014
Current high school students can contact our high school outreach coordinator, Jackie Esselman, at 715.422.5413.
Application includes a $30 application fee
- The application fee is not required for non-degree-seeking students (only taking one or two classes).
- The application fee may be waived if you are receiving public assistance. (The online application will help you determine if you qualify for a fee waiver.)
- You may submit the application without paying the fee, but your application will not be complete until we receive payment.
Application will ask you to designate a program of study (a major)
- If you haven’t chosen a program of study, please designate Undecided.
- Your selection is only your initial program of study designation.
- You can change during the advising phase of the admissions process.
When your application is submitted and complete, you will receive a letter welcoming you to Mid-State. In that letter you will find detailed information about next steps in the admissions process, including personalized information about placement testing you may need and how to sign up for the required STAR session.