The MSTC Foundation offers a variety of gift giving options, and we would be happy to assist in implementing any gift. We do, however, recommend that you consult with an attorney or accountant for the legal and tax implications of any gift you make.
- Cash Gifts – These are fully deductible to the extent allowed by federal law.
- Corporate Matches of Individual Gifts – Corporate matches are credited to the same account as the individual’s original donation and leverage the impact your gift can have.
- Endowing a Fund – The principal of the endowment is invested to provide annual support for the desired scholarship or project. A minimum contribution of $5,000 is required to establish a named endowment. One hundred percent of the gift and the income derived go to the charitable purpose of the fund.
- Gifts by Will or Living Trust – One of the simplest ways to provide for MSTC is through a bequest in a will or living trust. Any part, percentage, or component of an estate or trust assets can be bequeathed to the MSTC Foundation.
- Planned and Deferred Gifts – Many friends of MSTC want to ensure the support being provided will continue past their lifetime. Others wish to memorialize or honor someone. Tax-advantaged avenues exist to help make these wishes come true.
- Gifts of Stocks and Securities – These allow individuals to make large gifts with a small out-of-pocket expense and may provide the donor with a fair market value deduction for federal income tax purposes.
The joy of helping change lives of students is the greatest benefit we offer our donors. As you review some of the ways to chart your personal gifting strategies, please keep the MSTC Foundation in mind.